Monday, June 7, 2010

Essential Pointers in Food Photography...

So, what's the key to great food photography?
Simple... Does it jump out of the page and make your stomach growl?
I did a food shoot for kelloggs recently of various breakfast-like items. It was fantastic. Behind the camera is where I lose myself.
How did I shoot these? here are some pointers-
*I shot all of them indoors (at a window sill) except for the cereal photo, which was shot outdoors.
*I used a canon rebel XTI with a 50mm 1.4 portrait lens
*I had a co-worker help me style each dish... we took about 30-40 mins. for styling each dish
*I shot in full manual mode (ISO 100, shutter speed 1/80 and 1/60, f5.6)



2 comments:

  1. I want to eat everything...so you must have done a nice job. I'm not a pig, afterall. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. thanks. it was tons of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online