Saturday, December 24, 2011

Revamp Your Branding Every So Often!

As you can see I decided to give the blog a spruce-up with some lighter colours and freshen things up a bit. Which brings me to an important point- VERY important point. It is crucial to spice up your marketing and design every now and then. That doesn't mean you need to spend half of the year's marketing budget. Just prioritize and allot a fixed amount of moneys for each project.
Here are some pieces you should be reviewing every so often (not some updates need to be monthly or quarterly, some can be annually or every 2-3 years):
1. Your website - this is the most important piece that you need to update as often as possible. Still getting the runaround from your web developer about changes you submitted 2 months ago? Here's how to fix that problem... go to a wordpress platform. A wordpress platform will allow you to make those changes yourself and it's super easy. Who can help you with redeveloping your site on wordpress? ME, of course!
2. Your main brochure or print collateral - revise language, freshen colours without losing the essence of the brand, update any facts.
3. Profile photos & Team member profiles - yes, update this at least once a year or more as needed. This keeps everyone looking sharp (and not so 80s). Plus, people like learning about personalities and who will be working on their projects... share something personal and interesting. If you just got married or had a baby, share it!
4. Logo - I know I know, don't freak out on me. I don't mean change the entire logo from all brown and geometric to pink and flowery. I mean update it. Look at the example of the Schnauz Design logo where I didn't change the essence of the logo, I just updated it. Over time, I updated the logo on various materials, social media etc. There are still some places it needs to be updated, but I don't have unrealistic expectations either. You can visit the schnauz design site to see all the delicious work we've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online