Saturday, April 9, 2011

Food Packaging in the MiddleEast- Part I

So, I am holidaying back home in Oman, which is in the Middle East, incase you are wondering. It is about a 3 hour car drive from Dubai, if that helps. It's funny how growing up I obviously didn't pay attention to anything in particular here pertaining to consumer design. But, now that I live in Texas and am a practicing designer, my eyes are wide open (and camera ready), as I troll down the aisles in
Oman's supermarkets and hypermarkets. I noticed a few things-- food styling is not a huge priority like in the States; packages are very colourful; free promotions are a huge push; food comes from all over Europe, Asia and the MiddleEast, so the packaging has a wide influence and pinpointing a style is hard. This is part one in a series of posts. More to come!

1 comment:

  1. Its true that packaging of the product affects a lot. Vibrant colors and different packaging styles are used to allure the customers. Also its a great way to protect the item also.
    cartoner

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online