Monday, December 20, 2010

2011 Marketing/Planning for Graphic Designers

So, 2010 is almost out. It has been the best year for my freelance design business. How? What all did I do? Firstly, I actively spent a lot of time networking & marketing my business. Here are some details on what I did in 2010:
* started a FB page & twitter for my business and updated FB at least once a week
* created a signature for my emails with the FB link
* started an e-newsletter that go out to potential clients and current clients
* did 2 probono projects- one of which turned into actual work later
* designed and printed professional stationery
* designed and printed professional brochures
* mailed out sales letters with brochure and business card every couple of months
* I followed up a lot and really well!
* did a thank you/holiday promotion for all my current clients and strong potential clients
* stayed in touch with industry creatives & recruiters i know
* I attended a few professional groups for networking, but not much

For 2011, I want to do some things in addition to what I already did in 2010 (of course, some things I will continue doing):
* continue e-newsletter, mailings of sales letters/brochures, 2 probono projects, FB page and twitter
* update my website thoroughly & get SEO redone on it
* create a new website for my photography
* back up all my work on a new drive (make disc copies as well)
* do a postcard mailout (still pondering the right occasion, audience)
* network even more- maybe attend more professional groups- meet more creative professionals I can partner with
* I really want to attend a trade show, but still researching
* Dedicate one month as "client appreciation month" and offer current clients 20% off on any service.
* Do an even better holiday/thank you promotion

>> My motto for 2011 is GO, GO, GO! There is no stopping you. If you have already been marketing your services well, ask a friend's opinion on what else you can do to make it go further. Even better, invite some close friends over, bribe them with pizza and drinks, and start a discussion on marketing. Ask them for ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online